I hold a Masters Level Degree in Speech Language Pathology as well as Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech Language Hearing Association. With over 14 years of experience, I have worked in a variety of clinical settings including:
- Hospital (USCF Medical Center in California)
- Neonatal Intensive Care (level IV), Pediatric ICU
- Outpatient setting
- Early intervention
- School settings in both California and North Carolina
Feeding and Swallowing Expertise
My training and skills in the evaluation and treatment of infants, children and adults with feeding and swallowing disorders allows me to look at the patient from a variety of perspectives including medical as well as the social and environmental components of feeding. I use a gentle, child centered approach that attempts to take away the stress of eating and focus on what is holding your child back from consuming an age appropriate diet. I will work with you and your child to develop a plan that will help to meet your child’s feeding and nutritional goals. I will work with the patient and family members to help with regaining functional independence with communication and assist with helping my patients return to the safest diet consistency. I enjoy working with adults and family members in session to help achieve the most optimal return to function for speech and swallowing.
My training includes –
– Beckman Oral motor therapy
– AEIOU feeding approach
– SOS approach to feeding
– extensive oral motor training to help your child overcomes difficulties due to bottle feeding, spoon feeding, chewing, open cup and straw drinking.
- Feeding and Swallowing Disorders :from the most medically complex problems to picky eaters including oral motor, sensory, reflux, behavioral, bottle transition problems, G-tubes, trach, aspiration, coughing/choking/gagging and obstruction. An oral and pharyngeal dysphagia program as well as assistance with diet modification and exercise program will also be provided as needed.
Breast Feeding Specialist
Jill Odle is a certified breast feeding specialist who can assist with addressing breastfeeding challenges such as poor latch, suspected tongue tie and sucking and swallowing difficulties.
Jill is Certified as a Tethered Oral Tissue Specialist.
Speech and Language
- Receptive and Expressive Language Disorders
- Articulation Delays
- Phonological disorder
- Late Talkers
- Apraxia – PROMPT® trained
- Phonological impairment- highly unintelligible children
- Voice Issues/Vocal Hygiene
- Oral Motor Issues- motor planning, dysarthria, increased tone
- Expressive Language and Comprehension Delays
- Auditory Processing
- Other neurological diagnosis
I have provided speech and language services in an array of settings including schools, home and outpatient clinic. I use a play based approach that allows me to develop a rapport with your child while focusing on their speech and language needs. A home program will be developed in order to provide carryover skills from the clinic to help meet your child’s speech and language needs in all environmental settings.
As a parent of two little girls, I understand how challenging it can be if your child is experiencing feeding or speech difficulties. My ultimate goal is to provide a nurturing setting for my patients in order to develop the skills to succeed. I look forward to the opportunity to work with you and your family to meet your speech and feeding needs.